Yesterday, I popped out to see the media event for MasterChef Junior at The Grove, which boasted that Gordon Ramsay himself and the cast were going to unveil the World’s Biggest Cupcake in an attempt at a Guinness world record.
There was a decent amount of media there, and crowd of tourists.
I guess the cupcake was supposed to be int his giant box??
Some members of the MasterChef Jr cast came out (And Dara wore my red Hello Kitty x Chubby Bunny bow! <3), with Gordon Ramsay popping out right after.
He gave a little speech thanking guests, then revealed that… oops… they tried to make a giant cupcake, baked it for 36 hours, then found it had been leaking and weren’t able to complete the cupcake….! How sad! Instead, he revealed a very tiny cupcake that they were able to salvage from the big one…
(Photo from DailyMail.com !)
After the reveal, Gordon flicked it into the crowd… haha.
I snapped a quick photo of Dara during one of her interviews wearing the bow, but had to run after that…!
But not before grabbing one of the free Sprinkles cupcakes they gave to the crowd! Were they FOX-flavored? haha.
Hope you enjoyed that senseless Gordon Ramsay post. I love his shows, and am stoked to see the premiere of MasterChef Jr. tomorrow!
Keep in touch with Chubby Bunny!
[ Shop Chubby Bunny ] [Instagram] [ Twitter ] [ Facebook ] [ Tumblr ]
Soon you’ll be able to see the iconic Hello Kitty Bow popping up on your TV screens every Friday! This Friday, September 27, 2013, MasterChef Junior will premiere on FOX, and contestant Dara’s signature look are her Hello Kitty x Chubby Bunny bows! ❤
The show follows kids aged 8 – 12 in a cooking competition being mentored by (MY FAVORITE GUY EVER) Gordon Ramsay, Joe Bastianich, and Graham Elliot. Make sure to check out the premiere this Friday!
You can purchase all of the bows she wears in the show here: http://www.iamchubbybunny.com
So sorry for the blog hiatus everyone! It’s been a whirlwind of a year, and if you’ve been following my antics on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, you probably know what’s been up with me 🙂 if not.. hop on over there! (username: iamchubbybunny !)
I hopped back over here to announce a new Japananimation Hello Kitty x Chubby Bunny Bow, being released exclusively at San Diego Comic-Con this month! The new bow features a purple, blue, pink ombre rainbow color, with silver sparkles throughout. All bows are, as usual, handmade by myself ❤
For full details on the event, see below for the official press release from Sanrio!
Sanrio Makes Comic-Con International Debut with
Hello Kitty® Fashion Music Wonderland Experience
Sanrio will make its official debut appearance at Comic-Con International in San Diego July 18th-21st, with Hello Kitty Fashion Music Wonderland, an interactive experience that will brilliantly bring Japan’s energetic pop culture to life. Fans will be treated to a colorful, anime-rich experience that will include giveaways, limited edition products, appearances by Hello Kitty and special guests from Sanrio’s Tokyo headquarters, as well as the launch of a new graphic novel, Hello Kitty Fashion Music Wonderland. While Hello Kitty has appeared with partners and collaborators at Comic-Con in the past, 2013 marks the first year that Sanrio is bringing an interactive Hello Kitty fan experience to this famous gathering. Blending the worlds of anime, cosplay, product exclusives, Japanese street culture and superfandom, Hello Kitty Fashion Music Wonderland syncs perfectly with the passionate fan culture that is celebrated at Comic-Con.
- Hello Kitty Fashion Music Wonderland: Open to the public, this energetic hub is inspired by the styles of Tokyo and Japanese pop culture, putting Hello Kitty at the center of the ultimate fan experience at Comic-Con Interactive Zone at Petco Park. Hello Kitty’s band of Lolitas, who personify anime, cosplay and the colorful style of Japanese pop culture, will host fans at the experience. A retail pop-up shop will offer a mix of event-only and limited edition Japanimation-themed collectible Hello Kitty items, including a free poster with any purchase. Hello Kitty will be present to meet her fans in a Japanimation-style outfit that mirrors the collection of products that will debut at the show. On Friday, July 19th and Saturday, July 20th, a nail artist from Tokyo will be on hand to treat fans to a free Sanrio nail art application with any $25 purchase from the pop-up shop.
- Kitty-chan Secret Space: Inside the convention center, the fan experience continues at
“Kitty-chan Secret Space” (booth 4537). A term of endearment used for Hello Kitty in Japan, “Kitty-chan” is a nod to superfans and a clue that this Comic-Con Hello Kitty is truly distinct. Comic-Con badge holders will have access to the limited edition pink Hello Kitty flocked collector’s figure by Funko that will go on sale each day. The first 50 fans to purchase the figure on Friday, July 19th and Saturday, July 20th will also receive a free customized drawing by one of Sanrio’s lead designers from Tokyo.
- Hello Kitty Fashion Music Wonderland: A new graphic novel: Published in partnership with VIZ Media, this is the first-ever Hello Kitty graphic novel and it will make its debut at the retail pop-up shop. The Hello Kitty Fashion Music Wonderland graphic novel features three stories, each by a different graphic artist: Jacob Chabot, Victoria Maderna and Ian McGinty.
– more –
- Hello Kitty Comic-Con on Social Media (#HelloKittySDCC): Fans can stay connected with all things Hello Kitty at Comic-Con through a variety of social elements aimed at both Comic-Con goers and those not attending the event. Hello Kitty’s millions of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram friends can share photos and access contests and behind-the-scenes footage to connect with their Hello Kitty fan community. The fun starts before Comic-Con with a Fan Fiction contest tied to the launch of the new graphic novel. Fans on-site and at home can stay engaged and entertained through a different interactive social media event each day of Comic-con including Uglydoll and Street Fighter promotions as well as a free download of the Japanimation photo app for a limited time.
- · Limited Edition Products and Comic-Con Launches: A mix of Sanrio co-branded partnerships and special product launches at Comic-Con include:
- o Hello Kitty Uglydoll: This collaboration will make its official debut at Comic-Con (booth 3245)
- o Sanrio vinyl figures will be available from Funko (booth 5343)
- o Limited edition Street Fighter x Sanrio plush at Toynami (booth 3229) and Capcom (booth 215)
- o Additional Hello Kitty products at Comic-Con can be found at Mimoco (booths 5338 and 2913M), tokidoki (booth 5145) and Mighty Fine (booth 5647)
- o The Hello Kitty ‘Japanimation’ product collection at the Hello Kitty Fashion Music Wonderland pop-up shop at Comic-Con Interactive Zone at Petco Park will include leggings, bodysuits, iPhone cases, a wrist watch, plush, cushions and much more