Recently, there has been a splurge of shopping to help me de-stress from my workload. DANGER CITY! Fortunately, most of my shopping travels have led me to awesome deals, cool places, and really interesting people!
- On June 25th I took a short break from work to press my face against the glass at the Irregular Choice sample sale downtown (careful clicking their link.. your eyeballs may explode from the cuteness). I headed down alone, but ran into a gaggle of my friends who were chasing bargains, too!
EVERYTHING was $30, and all of the shoes were samples, or just some remnants of their much older lanes. I saw some stuff in there dated from 2004! Some of the shoes had been lightly worn in runway shows as well.
We got to meet the brand manager at the sample sale, as well, who treated us to bloody mary’s (nothing like vodka at 9AM! ah!) and stories about all of the shoes we tried on.
- Afterward, we went to meet some more of our friends who had been camping out in the Tarina Tarantino sample sale line since 3AM THAT MORNING. Tarina does sample sales on the last Friday of every month, so if you’d like to head down this month, make sure you check out New Mart’s schedule of sample sales! When we got there, there was already quite the line , so we plopped down and waited as the staff let in 8 or so people at a time to browse the small store. It took a while to get in, but it was definitely worth all of the fantastic jewelry I was able to get my hands on!
I love everything I got, and highly recommended getting your butt into line on July 30th for her next sample sale!
- Yesterday, Church Boutique had a reception for the launch of Lydia Marcos and Stefanie Betro’s respective lines. The space is very impressive, with vaulted ceilings and lots of meat hooks hanging clothing from their scary claws. Oddly, I was captivated by a small range of items in a side room away from the hubbub of the open bar and paparazzi. I didn’t actually buy anything, but was inspired nonetheless!
- A few weeks ago, my event production company Bubble Punch helped to do some promotion for B by Aperire, where I got THESE beauties below! These and many more amazing styles area available at their store on Melrose! (You can read the full event report, here.)
- And in non-event related shopping, I snagged these Jeffrey Campbell Boots from Solestruck! They just arrived in the mail and are worth every pretty shiny penny! I had been debating on which pair of Jeffrey Campbells to get for a long time, but now I finally have these. I can stop buying shoes for the rest of they year now. For serious.
Now I beseech thee, fair reader, to go forth, and shop fabulously!!!