My workout routine is something I don’t really blog about since it’s a little off topic for this blog, but I’ve been seeing great results recently and thought, meh, what the hell.
I used to work out like a fiend, but in the past year, got so incredibly busy with work that I had given up on being a workout beast, and sort of middled out to a lazy, always-tired and weak version of myself.
Motivated by the fact that I might have to outrun a zombie mob during the apocalypse, I finally got a new membership at a gym near me and got back into my old habits.
I’m mainly interested in keeping up my health, especially since I’ll be the big 30 this year! Plus, having physical endurance when executing events for work is always a must, since we tend to pull all nighters for a week then work on site for days at a time! I knew I was getting stronger since I was lifting more over the past few weeks, but I wasn’t sure if there were any actual visual changes to my body until one of my friends pointed out to me that I was starting to develop some scary guns..! I decided to check it out via actual photographic proof after one of my workouts:
No photoshop, just a shadowy hallway, haha.
I’m actually really pleased! Just watch me outrun those zombies now!
I’ve been getting some questions on my workout routine so I’ll post it here in case anyone’s interested. Please note that I basically do not diet at all anymore, since I get much more satisfaction out of working out regularly than depraving myself of crappy food. Also, this is sort of a lot of stuff… If you worked out more often and did less stuff, it would probably be just as, if not more, effective. I’m just lazy and can only get to the gym so often.
I work out about 3 times a week, sometimes 2 if I’m traveling a lot for about 2.5 to 3 hours at a time.
This is my usual order of my routine:
- Treadmill: 20 minutes, at .5 incline at 7 speed. 8 speed for last minute.
- Bench work w/Hand weights: 20lbs, 12 reps each 2x: Flys, presses, Tricep kickbacks, Bent over row on one leg, bicep curls, tricep extensions, reverse flys
- Weight machines: Varying weights, 12 reps each 2x: Inner & Outer thighs, hamstring curls, quad lifts, Leg press (I also do my calf raises on this machine by extending my leg fully then pushing just on my tiptoes), Torso Twists
- Machine Ab work:
Roman chair with 35lb flat weight doing side rises and back rises, 12reps each 3x
Sit up bench at maximum incline, 10 reps forward and 10 reps to each side 2x
Crunch assist machine, 20reps each of forward crunch, raised leg crunch, side crunches
- Arm Weight Machines:
Assisted pullups with 6t0lb counter weight and dips, 12 reps each 2x
Varying weights, 12 reps each 2x: Shoulder Press, Forward Press, Lat pull down bars, front row
- Yoga Ball work: 10x each, then repeat the cycle 3x total
Plank Pike up, V-Ups (except i grab the ball with my feet on the way down and switch with my hands and feet), Hamstring Curl, Reverse Leg Raise (I grab onto the edge of the mat since there are no chairs around at the gym)
- Abs & Arms: Entire set 3x: Front, left and right side planks, 50sec each, then descent only pull ups (jump up to the bard and do a slow release) 10x
- Russian Twist 1 set of 50
- Bicycle Crunch 1 set of 40
- Cat Vomit exercise: 1 set of 10, hold each position 8sec
At this point, I usually stretch and go home, or add in a few other workout things that I’ve recently heard about and I want to try. I definitely could stand to do more cardio but.. I HATE CARDIO so much that the 20 minutes at the beginning are all I can bear, haha!
I hope my workout schedule post was useful for some you wanting to get a bit stronger for the zombie apocalypse! <3
Keep in touch with Chubby Bunny!
[ Shop Chubby Bunny ] [ Twitter ] [ Facebook ] [ Tumblr ]